Posted by Arianna Soto, Nutrition Awareness Intern
Hello hungry college student, meet these easy, three-ingredient, delicious little monsters!
I swear I drooled a bit while baking these. Everything just went into slow motion for me (so I was a little hungry). I didn’t know where to start! How much pesto? Is there too much goat cheese? What would these even taste like? In all honesty, I didn’t expect much throwing these together. But woah daddy did they turn out to be delicious so of course I wanted to share them with you!
Need a vegetarian appetizer to take to your next party? By no means do I want to sound like an advertisement but hey… crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, gimme more!
As you may already know, I am currently a college student and sometimes being a vegetarian can be tough. Since I spend most of my day in class or studying, finding a creative and quick way to make food for myself is sometimes a challenge. These little treats are what happens when college student meets hungry.
Easy Goat Cheese & Pesto Wontons
- 8 Wonton Wrappers
- ½ cup of Pesto sauce
- ½ cup of Goat cheese
- ⅓ cup of water
- Extra Virgin olive oil spray
- Black pepper as desired
- Oregano as desired
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Spray a sheet pan to coat with extra virgin olive oil cooking spray.
- Place wonton wrappers on the pan. Top with a tablespoon of goat cheese and a tablespoon of pesto sauce onto each wonton wrapper.
- Lightly brush the sides of the wonton wrapper with water to help with sealing. Press to seal the wonton in all four corners. (I shaped them to look similar to crab wontons)
- Spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and oregano leaves.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.