By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe challenge sponsored by Cabot Creamery and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Grilled cheese… that’s really all I had to say right? I didn’t even have to mention the sweet cinnamon-y local peach butter, the roasted pecans or the aged Farmhouse cheddar. But aren’t you glad I did?
Historically, grilled cheese was probably one of the most boring but-still-delicious 5 minute meals on the planet. It’s probably one of the first things you ever learned to make for yourself. If you’re reading this blog, I’m assuming that your days of plastic-like cheese slices and orange-hued tomato soup from a can are over.
You’re ready to move on to a grown-up grilled cheese.
An ooey-gooey, sweet and savory grilled cheese with a little crunch.
But the very best part of these grilled cheeses is they’re bite-sized. Teeny little finger foods that don’t break the calorie bank. No need for a big honkin’ 1000-calorie sandwich here. And trust me, a little bit goes a long way.
How’s that for a quick and easy appetizer or snack?
Peach Butter, Roasted Pecan & Aged Cheddar Mini Grilled Cheeses
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 mini sandwiches
Serving Size: 3 sandwiches
Calories per serving: 247
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 4 large slices sourdough bread
- 2 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Aged Cheddar, cut into slices
- 4 teaspoons grass-fed butter (such as Kerrigold)
- 2 tablespoons peach butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pecans and roast until fragrant, stirring or tossing often. Remove pecans from heat.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. On the non-buttered side of 2 of the slices, spread 1 tablespoon of peach butter on each. On the non-buttered side of the other 2 slices, layer the cheese and sprinkle the pecans evenly on top.
- Place each slice bread side down in the skillet (still on medium heat). Once the cheese starts melting, flip the sandwiches closed and continue cooking until golden brown on each side.
- Cut each sandwich into 6 sections.