Mmmmm, mmm, mmm. pumpkin pie in a glass. It doesn’t get much better than this. With all the sugar-heavy pumpkin flavored treats hitting the shelves, why not treat yourself to something pumpkin that’s actually good for you? This pumpkin pie smoothie is sweetened au natural (with a date) and packs a protein punch from almond butter and Greek yogurt. Looking for antioxidants? It’s got loads from the canned pumpkin and cinnamon.
Pumpkin Pie Power Smoothie
– 1 cup of milk (I use Central Market organic soy)
– 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
– 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
– 1/2 tablespoon almond butter
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 pitted date (for sweetness)*
– 3-4 ice cubes
1. Blend and sip! You may need to blend a little longer on this one to break up the date. I also add in a few more whole ice cubes after it’s blended to get it super cold without watering it down.
*If you don’t have dates, just use a smidge of agave nectar or pure maple syrup for a little sweetness.
Want to add a little more protein umph? Read about the best and worst protein powders here.