This decadent dessert requires minimal prep time and little kitchen talent. The whole grain bread adds fiber; the soy, eggs and PB have protein, the dark chocolate has antioxidants, and the PB also has some healthy fats. A quick and easy dessert that won’t pack on the pounds (as long as you don’t eat it all yourself!).
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread Pudding
– 4 pieces of whole wheat bread, cut into squares*
– 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
– 1 and 1/3 cup light chocolate soy milk**
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
– 3 tablespoons peanut butter
– dash of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray small baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place bread pieces in dish and sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
2. In a blender, combine soy milk, eggs, brown sugar, PB and salt.
3. Pour evenly over bread pieces. Bake for 50 minutes.
*I used Whole Foods Old World Muesli bread, just because it was getting old and I needed to use it before it went stale!
**Vanilla or plain soy milk will work just as well, I used chocolate because that’s what was in the fridge!
You can enjoy it warm out of the oven, but I like it best after refrigerating for a few hours!