This recipe is perfect for the day you just know you’re not going to have time to prepare dinner and you’re going to be ravaged by hunger by the time you get home. Instead of raiding the snack cabinet, take 10 minutes to prep this delicious and nutritious meal before you leave the house in the morning, turn on the crockpot, and go. You’ll come home to a kitchen filled with the mouth-watering scent of an ready to go meal! Not to mention, it’s super cheap and makes enough for lunch for the next few days.
Quick and Easy Mexican Minestrone
- 2 cans (15 ounce) reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon (or 2 cups chicken broth)
- 2 cups chopped potato (leave skin on)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 can green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Plain greek yogurt or shredded cheese for topping
1. In a 4-quart crock pot or slow cooker, combine all of the above ingredients. Stir and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until potatoes are soft. Top with plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
Yep, that’s it. Just one step!